Whoa? Cameron Nara? And Miss Penny knows him!? Who the heck is he?
"Cameron? What happened? WHAT!?" Miss Penny screamed. She hiccuped and began to sob. She buried her face into her palms.
"Who are you, butt head? And what the heck are you doing?!" I yelled. Cameron smirked at me, which made me even more enraged.
"Why don't you ask your teacher? SHE knows why anyway!" Cameron said.
"Miss Penny..." I mumbled.
"Cameron! CAMERON!!!" she sobbed again.
"I don't want to know your history! I want you to get out! Or I'll..." I said. Cameron cackled.
"Try me," he said, "I'm game." I rushed at him and he swooped up easily. I tried again and he swooped around me.
I haven't been taught this, but the only way to do this is to think the spells and not be noticed by him. That way, I'll be able to catch him by surprise. I thought. I closed my eyes while flying, praying to God that I wouldn't hit something...
Invisibility!! I thought. Then I quickly thought the three steps of casting. Think, Clear, Become. I opened my eyes and saw my enemy. I looked down and saw my invisible self. Guess I'm clear.
"Pretty smart, kiddo. You learned how to mind-cast," Cameron said, "I'll go easy on you, for now."
I slowly flew around, hoping that he wouldn't feel a breeze from my flapping. Then, I came behind him and rushed straight at him. He turned around in surprise and flew up a second before I could hit him.
"I'll tell you that I underestimated you, kiddo. I'll give you that," he said. I became visible again and found myself panting a little. "Don't think that I'm still going easy. It's play time."
I then burst into flames. I rushed at him with a scowl on my face.
"Don't burn up! You'll just get smoldered!" he said, playfully. Suddenly, the fire was gone and my body was covered up in a very thin layer of soot. I got even more pissed.
"What are you?!" I said.
"Hasn't Miss Penny told you anything about casting? This kind of casting is a forbidden one. Forbidden castings are both banned in the dark and light. Both fear this kind of art could bring back the dead in the past and bring us forward to the future. They also fear this kind of cast is one that can heal and kill someone instantly," Cameron said.
"But, wouldn't that be helpful?" I questioned.
"You sure got a lot to learn, kiddo. Of course its helpful! But, its also dangerous. It can cause a rebellion in leadership and a wars that could go on forever. You can accidentally revive enemies instead of dead allies. For everything, there is a price," Cameron explained, "But, Miss Penny thought otherwise."
A loud sob cried from below.
"SHUT UP!!!" I yelled as I rushed him again with fire. He smirked again and set them out.
"Fire ends up as soot in the end. I just sent your fire in the future, kiddo," he said. I started to panic. This isn't going as well as I thought. Soon, my panic grew to anger.
"Give it up already, kiddo. It's too late now. You can't change the future or the past!" Cameron said.
"NEVER!!!" I yelled. This time, I burst into flames. But, these flames felt different than my regular bursts. This kind of fire was hotter and brighter and more amazing. Miss Penny looked up at us with widened tear streaked eyes.
"I told you, kiddo. I'll just-" he said, before he stopped speaking. His eyes widened in fear. What's going on I didn't care about. All I thought about was him being defeated.
I decided to try and search through his mind. There has to be a cast for that, right? Think. I thought about brains and magic. Clear Mind. Blank mind? Check. Become. Soon, I was able to go in his mind.
"What? Why can't I put out the fire? What's going on?" it echoed. I came out of his mind and rushed right at him. He flew back faster.
"Dark Shield!" he yelled. A dark bubble encased him. Darker than the air, which was a deep purple. I just kept going. The fire started to be even hotter, but I wasn't burned or anything. God, lets keep moving. I rammed through his shield a couple times until it cracked open. He looked at me in terror as I rammed through him. I went right through him. Did I miss?
A yell of pain echoed all around me. I looked up. His chest had a ripped hole that went through him. I must have hit a vital point. It was so disgusting, I felt as if I was going to throw up. I turned off the fire, smirked at him, and rushed back to Miss Penny.
"Are you okay?" I asked as I rubbed her back.
"I'll be fine," Miss Penny said, "So will Cameron."
"What?! I hit a vital spot! Straight at the chest!" I said.
"Remember, child. He can heal himself and his own body. That wasn't his vital point. You need to hit him wherever his true heart is," she gulped.
"That doesn't make sense! I'm not a genius, but I know that your heart's in the square of your chest!" I said.
"He hid his own true heart. It's not in his body," she whispered.
"That's...that's crap! You can't take your heart out and still live!" I yelled.
"He's from the Nara bloodline. His blood is from a special family which can take out body parts and still live. It includes the heart," Miss Penny said. I looked up and saw that his chest was back to normal.
"You're a monster!" I screamed.
"You're not bad, kiddo. Guess I really overestimated ya. Don't think this is it. I'm coming back," he warned as he flew off in the darkness. I turned back to Miss Penny and softened my voice.
"Let's get going, ma'am," I said. Miss Penny nodded and flew up with a tear streaked face.
What else is coming? I don't give a crap about it, but I needed to train harder. If I want to beat him.
"Hey, Miss Penny?" I asked. She looked up.
"What do you know about Cameron Nara?" I asked.
Author's Note: I'm glad to see more people are enjoying this blog. Thank's to all readers. If you'll a regular reader, why don't you follow it? Thanks again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment