"So, class, let's work on our invisibility skills," our teacher, Miss Amy, said, "Get in a line and let's see what you guys can do." Miss Amy was another teacher at the Academy of Light.
Two days have passed since the window breaking, cut healing incident and we're at the academy. We're put in this more advanced class called Advanced 1. Of course, it includes me, Lyon, Faith, and Xander.
I, being the leader, went straight ahead to the line, known that I can do this. Even though I've just learned it today. Lyon, Xander, and Faith nervously came up behind me. Everyone else followed their lead, going up one by one looking nervous.
"Newbies, going first? Pretty interesting. Tell me, what's your name again?" Miss Amy said.
"Zoe Gi. And no, I really don't prefer to be called 'newbie'," I replied. Miss Amy turned a bit red.
"Go ahead, Zoe. Let's see what you got," she said.
I took a deep breath and remembered the steps Miss Amy gave me. Focus, Clear Your Mind, Become. Okay, dude. You can do this. Focus, Clear Your Mind, Become. Focus. I thought thoughts about magic, the invisible gateway to the Arc of Light. Clear Your Mind. Get rid off every worry, every little thing. Become. Invisible.
I looked around. Everyone was staring at me, including Lyon, Faith, Xander. Even Miss Amy. I looked at my hands. Or where they should be. All I saw was open air. I started to panic, thinking that my conscience floated off to La La Land. Then, I felt them brush against my hip.
I became.
"Zoe..." Faith started, but couldn't finish.
"So, ma'am. Did I do okay?" I asked. I clearly hated it when this happens. Everyone gaping at me and I have no clue why. Miss Amy didn't answer. All she did was stop the gaping, smile, and clap. Lyon followed and everyone else did after that. I think I heard Xander give a little whoop.
Everyone's spirits were lifted after that. Lyon and the rest of the team stepped forward and did their thing. Everyone else followed. Soon, I was congratulated by the whole class.
"Great job, class! You're now Tied with the spell!" she said happily. And everyone cheered.
"Wait, Tied?" I asked a fellow student.
"It means you're allowed to use this spell freely throughout your life. You can use it whenever you want," he replied. Then, he started to pump his fist in the air. That's when I felt something clap upon my shoulders. I jumped and saw no one was there. Then, Lyon appeared out of nowhere.
"Gotcha!" he said with his lopsided smile.
"That's it?" I said, when the academy day was over.
"That's right, Zoe. You just have this class and its done. One class per day. Each day, there's a new class waiting for you," Miss Penny, the school headmaster, said. We were about to leave until Miss Penny said to wait. We stopped dead in our tracks.
"I want to show you something. Something that only angels in commission can only see," Miss Penny said. Xander turned around immediately.
"Why?" he said.
"This is important. I have a feeling you'll be in Intermediate Classes soon enough. I mean, look at you guys. You're the talk of the school. You learned one of the hardest spells in Advanced Class in about an hour and thirty minutes. Miss Noelle can't even believe. She thinks you're pretty special in everything. I mean, she told us to let you skip Beginner," she explained.
"Fine, let's have it," I said. Miss Penny walked out of the room and we followed her to someplace I haven't seen.
"This is the Commission Dock. You leave out of this. We're going to go on a little tour here," she said. She leaped off the cloud island and took a nosedive. We followed. Miss Penny kept going until we could see Earth.
"This is Earth," she said.
"Uh, yeah. Can you skip to the part where we can see what you're talking about?" I said.
"Focus, Zoe. It takes focus to see beyond," Miss Penny said.
But, focus on what?, I thought. It's just plain old land down below. Nothing to see. Nothing in this friggin' wasteland.
"Whoa," Lyon said. I looked back at him and he looked terrified. Something you don't see everyday. I started to laugh.
"C'mon, Lyon! It's just Earth. What's wrong?" I cried out. Lyon started to turn pale. Okay, that was serious. Lyon was definitely seeing something other than this.
Okay, time to focus. Miss Amy said you can use those steps to do anything. I closed my eyes. Focus. It was obviously something you need to see so I thought of ravens' eyes and telescopes. Clear Your Mind. Obviously time to wipe out your worries, your fears, even though I sort of felt scared myself. I stayed like this for a couple of minutes. Become. What to become, I had no freaking idea, but I opened my eyes and-
"KYAAHH!!!" I yelled. I flew up and grabbed on to Lyon's hand.
"First time I've ever seen you freak out like that. I thought you said it was 'just Earth'," he cackled.
"Shut up! It's serious! How in hell could that- We've been walking on this chaos?!" I said. Oh wait, have I explained it?
You see, you see wonderful green trees and rushing water, but you need to look a little closer. The world isn't your Mother Nature style. It's like, like...HELL. Your trees are bare and ghostly white. Your rushing water is a dark purple made up of tears and poison. Grass is just sand. The sky is always dark, no sun, no moon. Buildings are gone, arenas have disappeared, and you got no houses. Dead spirits are wandering the Earth, trying to find a way out.
"They see. The dead ones see this...bleep," I said.
"I know, Zoe. It's..." Miss Penny started, but couldn't finish. All we saw was the cold true world.
"Wait, what the heck are you guys looking at?" blurted Xander.
"Yeah, what's going on?" Faith said.
"God," Lyon muttered.
"You guys really don't want to see this crap," I said.
"Wait, what about that poor man? He's bleeding and beaten up!" Faith yelled. I turned around and saw this body lying on the ground pouring some-
"Holy crap!! What's pouring out of his body?! Crud!" Lyon yelled.
"Calm down, Lyon," Miss Penny said.
"Blood, idiot! It's blood!" Xander said.
"You mean-" I started.
"That's right. Your eyes are like veiled with something angels' call "The OverShadow". This is the true world. This is were you grew up. And the blood looks black because its contaminated with the OverShadow," Miss Penny explained.
"What'cha mean? It's red, not black!" Faith yelled. She waved her body around frantically.
"What's that glow coming off of her?" I asked, "And Lyon, and me, and you?!"
"Light angels have this omitted glow coming out of their body. Cause, we're light," Miss Penny said.
"Then, what's that dark glow emitting to that winged thing?" Lyon asked. I looked around and it was heading toward us.
"That's...a dark angel! How-" Miss Penny mumbled. I didn't care. All I cared about was protecting my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment