A Story Within A Blog

Sort of like a continuous story on this very blog! Keep watch every Thursday for a new chapter and the first Monday of the month for a mini-chapter! Yeah, many people are reading. If you like, tell your friends! If you don't like, well bleep you. Have fun!

-Arianna

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chapter 4

"Hannah? Is that you? You were taken by soldier years ago!" Xander yelled. I widened my eyes as well. Had she gone through the same thing we did?


"Xander...you're not dead?" the girl said, whom I guessed was Hannah.


"Xander, you need to explain things, right now!" I ordered.


"Now is not the good time to tell tales, right now, I must finish my duty and guide you to your destination," Hannah said gently.


"You still haven't explained the whole destination thing, you know," I reminded.


"Zoe Gi, you are looking at an ex-dark angel and new light angel. I am Hannah Walters, brother of Alexander Walter and daughter off Maria and Lois Walters. I am taking you to the Arc of Light, a kingdom of the Enlightened Ones, or light angels as others call it. Our mistress, Noelle Frence, has ordered me for me to bring you Elemental Users to her at once. You are also here to start training for coming expeditions and learning more about the history of the Darkened and Enlightened Ones," she said.


Lyon squeezed my hand. I could tell this was really confusing him, after all the times we've been together. Xander was astonished, not at The Arc Of Light, but at his sister. Faith was taking notes and writing down things needed to know on a notepad.


We walked through toward golden gates and stopped at the toll. Hannah just passed through the toll booth. I think I saw air ripple while she walked through.


"Aw...sweet! A magic door!" Xander yelled. He ran toward it and made it through, but finding himself back where he started.


"What?" he said.


"Are you okay, Xander?" Faith asked. "I'm okay," he replied, "Just confused." I think I saw a smile on Hannah's face.


"Younger brother, have you read the sign?" she said. I never even noticed the sign.


"The humblest of hearts may pass through the gate of light," I read out loud. Okay, so I focused.


I can't do this alone. I must get help, I thought, I need others to help me pass. I will stay low and will not boast. I kept thinking thoughts like that while I walked through the gates of light and found myself running into Hannah. I had did it.


Lyon made it through and so did Faith. Xander was still confused, but he found a way through.


"That first test is passed. The first clue to becoming an Enlightened One is to be humble and lowly. You can not have hubris amongst yourselves. Your next test is strategy and teamwork. You guys must find a way to go through the maze. I will be evaluating the time of yourselves. If one member doesn't make it back in time, your time will keep ticking until he or she is found. Ready begin!" Hannah said. Walls surrounded us and went up a few stories high. Plus, there was a ceiling so we couldn't fly over.


"Okay, this has got to be easy. Lyon, you can see ahead. Try using your eyesight to find our way through the maze. Everyone, watch Lyon's back and the rest of our's so no one gets hurt or lost," I said, "Lyon in the front, I'm second, Xander's third and Faith's fourth. Faith, you get the honor of watching Xander so he doesn't strand off. We can do this!" I extended my wings and so did they.


"By the Golden Bird's Wing!!!" I yelled. Everyone repeated and we started formation. Only a minute and a half had passed. We were going to do this.


Lyon made a left, then a right, then a right. Then, he paused and turned a left instead. We went on for like two minutes until we finally found Hannah, who was nodding.


"You peeps are the fastest people to ever run that maze. Incredible. Four minutes and three seconds," Hannah praised.


"It really wasn't us, it was Lyon. He's the one with great eyesight. We would be stranded in there if it weren't for him," Xander said.


"Staying humble, little brother. Good," Hannah mused.


"What now, Miss Hannah. Another test?" Faith said.


"Yes...there is one more. This test isn't those kinds of tests, but one that uses your talents. We will set up dummies and you will have to beat them anyway you want. One at a time. Faith, you're going first," Hannah said. Faith stepped forward, looking confident. Hannah pulled out five dummies and started the timer.


"Summon: Sword of the Wind!" she yelled. I was surprised. She pulled out a sword from no where. She sliced up the dummies with no trouble at all. Hannah stopped the timer and she returned the sword.


"Two minutes and twenty-four seconds," she said, "Xander!" He stepped up looking okay. Hannah replaced the dummies and started the timer. Since I've seen Xander use vines and stuff, I knew he was going to use vines to tangle and choke the dummies with them. He might even use poison. He finished in two minutes and fourteen seconds.


"Lyon Fullbuster!" Hannah yelled. Lyon strode up, looking as strong as ever. The dummies came out and Hannah started the timer. Lyon punched, kinked, and karate chopped each one until all of them were gone.


"One minute and forty-three seconds," Hannah barked. Lyon beamed and sat down.


"Zoe Gi!" Hannah said. I walked up there, feeling light headed. The dummies came out and Hannah started the timer.


Think: Fire. Flames. Burns. Light. Heat.


I burst into flames and ran into each dummy. I cooled myself off and looked at everyone. They all had their mouths open, even Hannah.


"Thirty-two seconds," she said. I walked back to my seat as if nothing happened.


"So, Lyon, like the show?" I asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment