A Story Within A Blog

Sort of like a continuous story on this very blog! Keep watch every Thursday for a new chapter and the first Monday of the month for a mini-chapter! Yeah, many people are reading. If you like, tell your friends! If you don't like, well bleep you. Have fun!

-Arianna

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chapter 2

I've been dragged to doctor appointments, detention, and to my neighbor Georgia's house, but I've never been dragged to prison.


I'm strong and quick. I punched two guards in the face before they took my hands and tied them. I kicked someone in the butt and tried to run out. Then, I was shot by a stun gun and I was out.


I woke up to the scent of rat. Sewer rat. I got up immediately. I may not be afraid of heights, roller coasters, and guns, but I'm afraid of rats and small ugly creatures. I looked around cautiously and stepped back until I bumped into another person's body.


"Zoe?" a familiar voice said. I recognized that voice as...


"Lyon," I replied. I turned around and saw his dark eyes hiding behind his brown wavy hair full of fear. I bet mine was too.


"Why are you here?" I asked. Lyon shrugged.


"After you left, I kept riding until it was 4:00 PM. Then, I went home. No one was there except for guards that said I was under arrest for crimes under the Dark Society. Have you heard of them?" Lyon explained. I shrugged. All I know is that the military should charge the jailhouse and trash it.


"Same thing happened here. But, I don't know why. All I thought was I wasn't going to give up. I fought until they shot me with a stun gun," I said. Lyon and I sat down, feeling defeated.


"You're not alone. We're all under arrest," a young girl's voice said. I turned around and saw a beat up little girl with red hair and freckles.


"Who are you?" I asked.


"I don't know. I don't know my name or anything about me at all. I've been here for a long time. Ever since I was a baby, I was trapped in this place," she said.


"Well, I'm Lyon, and this is Zoe right here. What happened?" Lyon asked.


"I think I know what happened," a boy's voice said. He was about the same age as us. In fact, both the redhead and the blonde boy were about the same age.


"I'm Xander. I've been here when I was five. The redhead over there...she knew stuff. She was very smart. She knew how to speak and everything. They say her name was Faith, but...they brainwashed her. They fed her lies, " the boy said.


"We all have special abilities here. Faith, I guess, was really smart, Lyon can hear and see things very far away, I can run, have super strength, and can glow, and you, Xander...you can heal yourself, can't you?" I summed up. Xander's eyes widened.


"How did you know?" he asked.


"Sort of obvious. You aren't as beat up as Faith," I said. He grinned. We started to laugh until I heard the sound of a gunshot. A cry of pain...then silence. Our laughter stopped. We stared at one another and looked sadly. Whoever got shot was gone.






"Next: Lyon Fullbuster, Zoe Gi, Prisoner 156, and Xander Kipp," the speakers blared. They had been calling up names and no one has returned this hell. Our gates unlocked and we stepped outside and walked through the door everyone was walking through.


We found ourselves in a judgement room. The guards shoved us in cages and we tried to bend our bars, so that we could escape. Since we couldn't, I waited until the big event was going to come.


A man walked in front of us and smiled, "Welcome, children. I am the Dark Judge. Welcome to the Judgement of Death. Your life is at our hands."


Check this out: He was the man from my dream.


Flashbacks of him clutching my throat danced through my mind. Guess dreams could become reality. I've never told anyone this.


"How come you're here? You're the man from my dream!" I yelled through the balls. Lyon whispered, "What dreams?"


"Shut up, young lady. You have no right to speak in the Judgement Of Death!" a guard said. He put his hand through the bars to slap me, but I bit his hand instead. I think I heard a few bones crush. I took my bite off and he caressed his hand. The Dark Judge looked furious.


"Nice one, Zoe," Xander said. I did the "ok" sign back at him.


"Now, let us begin your future," the Dark Judge said stiffly. The audience settled down.


"You have shown to be an angels of light. These angels are banned from our existence. The punishment is death. Anyone on their side?" the Dark Judge said.


"NOT GUILTY!!!" we yelled.


"Anyone oppose?" the Dark Judge asked. Everyone in the audience raised their hands.


"What?!" Xander yelled.


"That's not fair!" Faith added.


"What kind of judgement is that!?" Lyon roared.


I was too busy thinking to yell something. My mind was roaring in pain. I was gripping the balls so hard it hurt. Everything I thought turned into a golden light. That's when I heard the gasps.


"Zoe...what happened?" Lyon uttered. I had no clue what happened. I expected to see myself still stuck in a cage, but I found myself able to stand up.


I was out of the cage!!!


I picked up the stupid Dark Judge's hammer and smashed it on each Lyon's cage. It broke open and he rose in anger. Together, we broke Xander's and Faith's cages. Then, I found myself in a fiery blaze of fire. Lyon was having a rush with water. Faith was holding what seemed to be balls of air and Xander was wrapped in vines.


"Whoa," Faith said.


"Whoa is right. Let's get out of here!" I said. Together, we jumped out the window.


"Wait, why did we jump out the window?!" Lyon yelled.


Great. First death punishment. Now falling to our death, willingly.


"Didn't the guy say anything about being angels of light? Do we have wings?" Xander yelled. It was worth a try.


"Everyone concentrate! Think flying thoughts!" I screamed.


I thought of birds. Airplanes. Balloons. We were ten feet above the ground when we found ourselves flying through the misty air.


"High five!" Faith yelled. We all high fixed everyone. We escaped both ways of dying.


"Now, what do we do?" Xander asked.


Oh great, one problem after the other.


"We're going to find a place to rest. I need to recover from trauma," I said.


"That's a good plan. I saw a cliff a few miles from here," Lyon said.


"Okay then, let's go!" I said. Together, we took off in the sky flying away.


Little did I know more problems were going to come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment