"Hey, Zoe! You've been able to read minds haven't you?" she said. I flatered. Does she know of the Dark Angel Incident?
"How did you know?" I asked.
"It's a rumor around the school that you're the most advanced. So, I was wondering if you've learned how to read minds!" she said in her bubbly tone.
"Yeah. Why?" I asked.
"Well, I was wondering about something. I have a crush on this guy and...I really want to know if he feels the same and so I want you to read his mind and all," she said quietly.
"Who is it?" I asked again.
"It's...Xander Walters," she said, turning beet red. I faltered my steps once again.
"What?!" I yelled.
"I mean, it's okay if you don't want to..."she said. But I didn't here her. Her in love with one of my best friends. I gotta speak to Lyon about this...but, NO. I am so not speaking to him about love because he'll tease me for eternity (or however long angels live). I gotta ask Xander. Xander. Straightforward in the face.
"I'll do it," I said. Miranda brightened.
"Thank you!" she said. She extended her wings and flew away. I flew up too, looking for Lyon and his dorm. I found them, Lyon on the couch and Xander tending a little rose. I flew straight through the window.
"What the-" Lyon said.
"Zoe!" Xander said.
"What are you doing? Who flies straight through and open window on the ninth floor?!" Lyon yelled.
"Me. Now, Xander we need to talk," I said.
"What I didn't do anything wrong!" he said.
"In your room, now," I said.
"But-" Xander started before I took this ear and pulled it toward the door.
"Xander, who do you like?" I asked. He turned beet red.
"You like me?" he said, "What? Cause I don't really like you cause you're so bossy and-"
"SHUT UP!!! I don't like 'like-like' you, but I like you as a friend. Okay, that sounded stupid. I'm saying if you have someone on your mind who you think is cute," I said quickly.
"Well...I guess there's one person who I 'like-like'..." he said.
"Who? Who?" I said. Was it Miranda?
"It's, well, it's...Faith, "he whispered. Face Palm! What the heck? Faith?! Oh My God, does she have the same feelings?
"Oh, okay then," I said with an impossible to keep straight face.
"Wait, you're acting like nothing happened? What the heck? Who were you hoping for because..." he trailed on. I got so pissed off right then so I punched him in the stomach, went out, and slammed the door. I was surprised to see Lyon outside.
"What was going on in there?" he asked.
"None of your business," I said. He smiled his lopsided smile.
"You were talking about, luh-ve!" he said, putting emphasis on the first syllable of the word.
"Maybe," I retorted.
"What's going on? Were you seriously hoping that he would like you?" Lyon said.
"Shut it! I was not!" I yelled. Then, I told him the whole story. About Miranda liking Xander and Xander liking Faith.
"Listen up. I really think you should talk to Faith about this. Maybe she likes Xander back...?" Lyon suggested. He actually looked serious.
"Yeah, right," I said, "I was walking in front of her room and on the door, I saw a picture of Xander and a scribbled mustache, beard, and a cigarette on his face and a giant X. No way Faith likes him," I said.
"Then, go ask Faith who she likes," Lyon said.
"In her Justin Bieber room? Uh, like, no way," I said. Lyon smiled again. The lopsided one.
"You actually sounded like a girl!" he laughed. A few seconds later, he was rubbing his thigh and wincing.
"You were saying?" I asked impatiently.
"Just go ask Faith about her love life. Outside your room if you have to," he muttered, "God, I think I'm gonna get an icepack."
"Fine. Thanks for your advice," I started making my way back to the window before I asked, "How do you know all this stuff?"
He shrugged, "At our old school, everyone's talking about their love and crushes and talking to people. Guess that's where I picked up my knowledge about love." I stared at him for a second and then he started to smile. I just had to smile back. He's gonna be my best friend forever no matter what happens. NO! I don't, like, like him, but I like him as a friend. Oh, well you get the idea. Hopefully.
Off to Faith.
I flew off to her room and knocked on her window. "Faith, we need to talk," I yelled. She looked at the window, startled. She opened her window.
"What was it you needed?" she asked.
"Come on. We're going to Cloud Lounge," I said. Faith stepped out the window, extended her wings, and flapped.
"Then, lets go!" she giggled. She flew off. Faith can be such a girl. I closed the window and tried not to look in her horrible room full of lipstick and nail polish and love posters full of-UGH!- I closed the window fast and tried not to puke. I think I might have tasted it in my mouth halfway.
I saw the Cloud Lounge a few meters away. The Cloud Lounge, well, its exactly what it sounds like: a lounge made of clouds. We walked up to the manager who was Danny.
"Hey Danny! Can we please have a private room? Please?" I asked. Danny frowned.
"You should have booked one before. But, for now...I guess I'll make a suggestion..." he said.
"Thank you!" I said.
I walked straight in and Danny threw me the keys. "Room 3C!" he yelled. I waved and unlocked the door. In there, there was a sofa, TV, and a glass table. I stepped in and plopped on the sofa. Faith made herself some coffee.
"Hey, Faith. Do you like Xander?" I said. Faith stopped pouring the coffee beans.
"Depends. Friendly or Love?" she asked.
"Love," I said.
"Have you seen my room?"
"Well, yes."
"Then, you already know the answer." No.
"Then, who do you like?"
"Depends. Friendly or Love."
"Dude, you know what I mean."
"Then there's this one guy." Faith poured the coffee in her insulated mug.
"Who?" I asked.
"Hmm...I guess I sorta like that Danny guy out there," she said. Oh. My. God.
"I'll be back soon, Faith," I said. I exited the room and went straight up to Danny.
"What do you need now?" he sighed.
"Question: Remember that girl next to me? Faith? Do you like her?" I asked. I wanted to get straight to the point already.
"No. I like Miranda, sorta kinda," he said. By then, I realized this circle stops here. It all comes back to her. I was ready to faint.
I quit.
Sorry. Hope you like!
"SHUT UP!!! I don't like 'like-like' you, but I like you as a friend. Okay, that sounded stupid. I'm saying if you have someone on your mind who you think is cute," I said quickly.
"Well...I guess there's one person who I 'like-like'..." he said.
"Who? Who?" I said. Was it Miranda?
"It's, well, it's...Faith, "he whispered. Face Palm! What the heck? Faith?! Oh My God, does she have the same feelings?
"Oh, okay then," I said with an impossible to keep straight face.
"Wait, you're acting like nothing happened? What the heck? Who were you hoping for because..." he trailed on. I got so pissed off right then so I punched him in the stomach, went out, and slammed the door. I was surprised to see Lyon outside.
"What was going on in there?" he asked.
"None of your business," I said. He smiled his lopsided smile.
"You were talking about, luh-ve!" he said, putting emphasis on the first syllable of the word.
"Maybe," I retorted.
"What's going on? Were you seriously hoping that he would like you?" Lyon said.
"Shut it! I was not!" I yelled. Then, I told him the whole story. About Miranda liking Xander and Xander liking Faith.
"Listen up. I really think you should talk to Faith about this. Maybe she likes Xander back...?" Lyon suggested. He actually looked serious.
"Yeah, right," I said, "I was walking in front of her room and on the door, I saw a picture of Xander and a scribbled mustache, beard, and a cigarette on his face and a giant X. No way Faith likes him," I said.
"Then, go ask Faith who she likes," Lyon said.
"In her Justin Bieber room? Uh, like, no way," I said. Lyon smiled again. The lopsided one.
"You actually sounded like a girl!" he laughed. A few seconds later, he was rubbing his thigh and wincing.
"You were saying?" I asked impatiently.
"Just go ask Faith about her love life. Outside your room if you have to," he muttered, "God, I think I'm gonna get an icepack."
"Fine. Thanks for your advice," I started making my way back to the window before I asked, "How do you know all this stuff?"
He shrugged, "At our old school, everyone's talking about their love and crushes and talking to people. Guess that's where I picked up my knowledge about love." I stared at him for a second and then he started to smile. I just had to smile back. He's gonna be my best friend forever no matter what happens. NO! I don't, like, like him, but I like him as a friend. Oh, well you get the idea. Hopefully.
Off to Faith.
I flew off to her room and knocked on her window. "Faith, we need to talk," I yelled. She looked at the window, startled. She opened her window.
"What was it you needed?" she asked.
"Come on. We're going to Cloud Lounge," I said. Faith stepped out the window, extended her wings, and flapped.
"Then, lets go!" she giggled. She flew off. Faith can be such a girl. I closed the window and tried not to look in her horrible room full of lipstick and nail polish and love posters full of-UGH!- I closed the window fast and tried not to puke. I think I might have tasted it in my mouth halfway.
I saw the Cloud Lounge a few meters away. The Cloud Lounge, well, its exactly what it sounds like: a lounge made of clouds. We walked up to the manager who was Danny.
"Hey Danny! Can we please have a private room? Please?" I asked. Danny frowned.
"You should have booked one before. But, for now...I guess I'll make a suggestion..." he said.
"Thank you!" I said.
I walked straight in and Danny threw me the keys. "Room 3C!" he yelled. I waved and unlocked the door. In there, there was a sofa, TV, and a glass table. I stepped in and plopped on the sofa. Faith made herself some coffee.
"Hey, Faith. Do you like Xander?" I said. Faith stopped pouring the coffee beans.
"Depends. Friendly or Love?" she asked.
"Love," I said.
"Have you seen my room?"
"Well, yes."
"Then, you already know the answer." No.
"Then, who do you like?"
"Depends. Friendly or Love."
"Dude, you know what I mean."
"Then there's this one guy." Faith poured the coffee in her insulated mug.
"Who?" I asked.
"Hmm...I guess I sorta like that Danny guy out there," she said. Oh. My. God.
"I'll be back soon, Faith," I said. I exited the room and went straight up to Danny.
"What do you need now?" he sighed.
"Question: Remember that girl next to me? Faith? Do you like her?" I asked. I wanted to get straight to the point already.
"No. I like Miranda, sorta kinda," he said. By then, I realized this circle stops here. It all comes back to her. I was ready to faint.
I quit.
Sorry. Hope you like!
No comments:
Post a Comment